Friday, May 17, 2013

46.) Downton Abbey



Downton Abbey on PBS (2010-UK, 2011-USA- Present) 


Genre: Historical Drama, Period Drama

Honors: Including: Prime Time Emmy Awards, Creative Arts Emmy Awards, Golden Globe Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, National Television Awards, and many more. Please refer to this page for the full list of Awards and Nominations [Found on Wikipedia] 

Review: This show takes two points of view from a large family estate, Downton Abbey,  in the Yorkshire countryside of England. There are three series that range from 1912-1921. The show takes a look at the world of the aristocratic family who owns Downton and the servants who work there.


Opinion: I loved this show and can't wait for more. I have heard so much about it but wasn't sure it would be something that I would like, but I ended up getting sucked right in. I think I watched the entire first two series in a week, but I have yet to watch the third. 

Ideas: I would recommend this show to anyone who likes historical pieces, high drama, and romance. I would recommend the second series to anyone who is doing any research on WWI, even though it's fictional, it would give a good insight to how the British people were involved in the War, and what it entailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment