Monday, May 13, 2013

17.) My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf



My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf (Abrams ComicArts, 2012)

Genre: Non-fiction, Biography, Graphic Novel 


Honors: ALA Alex Award (2013) [Honors Information found at Goodreads.com]

Review: Written by someone who went to high school and was even somewhat friends with Dahmer, Backderf writes an almost humanistic side to the serial killer. Even how the murderer inside the Dahmer could have been subdued if he was helped during his troubled teenage years. 


Opinion: Well written, but creepy. The book freaked me out in parts and made me a little sad for what Dahmer went through. 

Ideas:This would be good for anyone who is really into graphic novels. I would also recommend to anyone who likes crime, or true crime kind of stories. It might help certain people break into the graphic novel world. Might also be good for a reluctant reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment