Thursday, May 16, 2013

41.) Athena: Grey-eyed Goddess by George O'Connor



Athena: Grey-eyed Goddess by George O'Connor (First Second, 2010)
(Olympians, Book 2)


Genre: Mythology, Graphic Novels, Non-Fiction, Series

Honors: None Found

Review: This graphic novel is an overview of the goddess Athena from Greek Mythology. This book tells about five of the Goddess's most famous tales starting with Zeus's love for her mother. The vivid art work and great stories really bring this book alive.


Opinion: I really liked this graphic novel and I realized I knew very little about Athena, and was confused because the story of her being born from Zeus's head sounded like Minerva who is on the California state seal, but I looked it up and Minerva is the Roman name for Athena. I really like her, she's super bad-ass! and I like this series, and have always found Greek Mythology very interesting. I am going to go back and pick up the other books in the series. 

Ideas: I would certainly recommend this book to anyone looking for a strong female character, but of course anyone who is interested in Greek Mythology. Anyone who is interested in fantasy graphic novels will also probably like this series.





No comments:

Post a Comment