Wednesday, May 15, 2013

32.) The Hobbit


What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning? Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be a good on? Hm?

The Hobbit  by Warner Bros. (2012)

Genre: Movie, Fantasy

Honors: Academy Award nominations: Best Visual Effects, Best Production Design, and Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Academy Scientific and Technical Award, Cinema Audio Society Awards: Best Live Action Motion Picture (Nominated), Nine nominations (Best Director, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Music) for 39th Saturn Awards, MTV Awards: Best Scared-as-S**t performance (nominated), Best Hero (won).

Review: This is a movie that was based on the book by J.R.R. Tolkien about a hobbit named Bilbo who was quite content living his life in peace, and had no desire whatsoever to lead any kind of adventure. That is until one day a wizard showed up, followed by a group of 13 dwarves. Soon Bilbo finds himself in the mist of danger and battle, and proves himself to not be a hindrance to the rest of the band.  


Opinion: I really liked this movie, I was not a crazy realist when I heard the book was going to be broken into three movies; I knew they were going to have to add a lot of filler to make up for the time. After all the LOTRs was three longer books that made three long movies, so to make one shorter book into three movies was going to be a bit tough of Peter Jackson's part. There were some parts I was unhappy with, like the troll scene, but overall I really liked it. The misty mountain song was in my head for weeks after I saw the movie. 

Ideas: This would be a good movie to recommend to a teen who has read and liked the Hobbit, and/ or who have read and liked the Lord of the Rings movies. Anyone who likes high fantasy really should at least give both the book and the movie a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment