Wednesday, May 15, 2013

34.) Oblivion


"I wonder, if I come to you, at night, in dreams, in the day, as memories. Do I haunt your hours the way you haunted mine? And I wonder if you see me, when you look at her."

Oblivion by Universal (2013)
(Series, Book #)

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Movie

Honors: None yet

Review: In the year 2077 Jack Harper remains on Earth after the war with the Scavs have made it unlivable for the rest of humanity. The rest of humanity have boarded ships and moved to Titan, the moon of Saturn. Now only Jack and his partner Victoria remain to oversea massive hydro-energy machines that are converting the Earth's oceans into energy. Jack and Victoria have had their memories erased so that if they are ever captured they cannot give the location of the rest of the human race. But when a spaceship from Earth in the past crash lands and Jack saves the only one to survive he is shocked to find out that he knows her, but can't remember from where. Then, come to find out, the real enemy is not who Jack thought they were. 


Opinion: I really liked this movie. I was a little leery of it because I don't like Tom Cruise as a person, but I must admit that he does well as an actor, particularly in action movies. It was not bad at all, even though parts of it were rather predictable.  

Ideas:A good science fiction action film that you can recommend to anyone who likes that set of parameters, someone like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment