Monday, May 13, 2013

16.) Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer



“I now walk into the wild.”

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer (Anchor, 1997)

Genre: Non-Fiction, Biography


Honors: Though highly reviewed, no honors were found for the book.

Review: Chris
McCandless graduated college and then drove out west where he fell off the radar for almost two years until his body was discovered in the Alaskan wilderness. Jon Krakauer investigated McCandless's life for the two years and wrote the story titling it with some of Chris's last words, "into the wild."

Opinion: I read Into Thin Air by Krakauer and I really enjoyed it, but I think that the McCandless story was not as enjoyable to me. I could not relate to his story so he just seemed like an irresponsible spoiled boy to me., though I still like how Krakauer can write a non-fiction book that reads like novel.

Ideas: Young men who like real life adventures stories would certainly be interested in reading this book. Also a good book for teens who are interested in non-fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment